Matt grew up in Kingsport and later met his wife Amy while attending Carson Newman College. He has extensive experience in worship, recreation and student ministry. He has lived and ministered in both Texas and California. He is glad to be back close to family and serving in his hometown. Matt has a heart to see others fall in love with Jesus.
· Bachelor of Science in Leisure Services from Carson Newman College
· Master of Arts in Christian Education with a concentration in Church Recreation from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
He and Amy have two sons, Carson and Camden and a dog named Chase.
In his spare time, Matt enjoys playing any instrument he can get his hands on, juggling fire, sports, outdoor activities, and drinking root beer.
Favorite things to do and places to eat in Kingsport and it’s surrounding area.
Things to Do
- Hiking the areas natural beauty. Favorite hikes Devils Backbone, Roan Mtn., Natural Tunnel State Park
- Kayaking or boating the beautiful rivers and lakes especially South Holston Lake
- Golfing local golf courses especially Warriors Path State Park
Places to Eat
- Nick’s Chicken
- Wheelers Bagels